Friday, December 21, 2012

Homemade Hello Kitty Cookie Ornaments

My Homemade Hello Kitty Cookie Ornaments.  I topped it with mica powder for color, red markers, ribbon, and liquid polymer clay.
Got flour?  Here are more cookie ornaments I just finished for a 6 year old second cousin of mine.  She saw my ornaments and asked if I could make her some Hello Kitty ornaments.  I said, "I will try".  I just love children, so of course my aim was to please.
1.  First I found a simple Hello Kitty picture online.  I photo copied
it with my inkjet printer so I can  photo transfer using  liquid
polymer clay.  I brushed the liquid clay on the photo copy
and baked it for 30 minutes in  a designated polymer clay oven.
Once cool, I dipped it in warm water and begin to rub all the
copy paper off as shown.
2.  I made  cookie dough for ornaments.  You can find the recipe on my Cookie
ornament blog here titled "Basic Cookie Dough for Ornaments".  
I used a push up ice cream holder as a cookie cutter I had bought at
the dollar store
3.  I baked them in the oven for 5 hours at 225F.  Let cool completely.
4.  I painted the top of the cookie with white acrylic paint I bought at the
dollar store.  If I had white shoe shine polish I would have used it.  I think
that would have worked as well.) I let it dry before I attached the cut
polymer image with glue.  Haha,  Can you tell I am very frugal?
5.  I brushed the edges with mica colored powders and liquid
polymer clay to bond the image and colored powder edges.
( FYI, mica powder is like powder eye shadow.  So powder
eye shadow would work fine too:))
 I added the eyes and nose, and baked it again for 30 minutes.
Once cooled, I sprayed the ornament with lacquer.
6.  I hand painted the ribbon on Kitty's head with a red permanent marker.  I
attached ribbon around the cookie and made a loop to hang.  I used a glue
gun for this.
 I thought I'd share another homemade idea for you to have fun with either by yourself or with your family.  Such an inexpensive fun craft.  It makes an great gift that can last for years.  What memories you will leave behind.   Got flour? If so, be creative and show me what you can do.  I'm always interested in new ideas.

Please feel free to share my cookie s or any  other simple cheap recipe I've posted on my blogs to share.  If you really like this post please check yes on the right of this blog.

Well that's it for now.  Thank you for allowing me to be of service.  Till the next time, many blessings.

Sincerely,

Mary Helen











No comments:

Post a Comment